HomeMy WebLinkAbout1944-10-23 Board of Public Works Minutes Reading, Mass. , October 23, 1944
The regular meeting of the Board of Public Works opened at
7:30 P.M.
Messrs. Lindsay, Putnam and Superintendent Welch were present.
Voted to take water easement through land of Flood at 151
Main Street to install service to property of Allen at 155 Main
Street providing action is approved by Board at next meeting.
Signed Order of Taking.
Received signed license from Allen Sturges allowing use
of certain of his lands off Walnut Street as a public winter sports
center.
Received letter from Selectmen relative to sale of land owned
by Town at the northeast corner of Charles and Pearl Street.
Voted to recuest Selectmen to postpone sale of this land
-until department has time to relocate easterly street line of
Pearl Street and establish a drainage easement through the lands.
Hearing at 8:00 P.M. on location of pole on northerly side
of Sweetser Avenue.
No one present.
Voted location subject to approval of Board at next meeting.
Hearing at 8:15 P.M. on location of pole at northeast corner
of Minot Street and Center Avenue.
No one present.
Voted location subject to approval of Board at next meeting.
Voted following pole locations :
Sweetser Ave. - Poles 85/1 and 85/2 changed from
T of R to J.O.
Virginia Rd. - J.O. Pole 180/3 abandoned. -
90 \
Board adjourned at 8:30 P.M.
Respectfully submitted:
(Signed) Alex Lindsay
Secretary