Loading...
HomeMy WebLinkAbout1928-01-13 Board of Public Works Minutes January 13, 1928. Meeting of the Board of Public Works was held this day at the Town Building at seven-thirty P.M. There were present:- John W. Owen Miles C. Higgins Chester J. Wallace Harry N. Brown Samuel H. Davis, and the Superintendent. The Board discussed in detail the estimated appropriations and expenditures for 1928. The Board examined the report of the Superintendent of the examination of the private way known as Wends Street, and notified W. P. Davis that just as soon as the following matters were attended to, the Board would recommend the acceptance of this street by the Town, (1) Eight stone bounds to be set; (2) Catch basins and drain ' to be constructed; (3) A grant to the Town for the purpose of inspecting, repairing and maintaining that portion of the drain running through private property; (k) A release of a very small portion of land from Katherine E. St. Louis, on the east corner at the junction of Wends and Wobur4 Streets; (5) A 1-1/2 to 1 slope to be made by filling along the retaining wall above the east side line of Wends Street. The Board received a letter from J. E. Lawrence, District Engineer of the State Department of Public Works with reference to the clearing of snow from Route 129 and the Board accepted the arrangement as outlined in his letter dated January 9, 1928. The Board discussed the matter of an addition to the present , building used by the Highway Department at the corner of Union and John Streets and arranged to most on Saturday afternoon, January 14th for the purpose of making an inspection of this building. A True Record:- Samuel H. Davis Attest:- SECRETARY