HomeMy WebLinkAbout1927-11-26 Board of Public Works Minutes November 26, 1927.
Meeting of the Board of Public Works was held this day at the Town
Building at seven-thirty P.M. ,
There were present:-
John W. Owen
Miles C. Higgins
Chester J. Wallace
Harry N. Thrown
Samuel H. Davis, and the
Superintendent.
A letter was received from the Rotary Club requesting permission
to erect a Rotary sign on the illuminated Reading sign at the south
end of the Common and the club was notified that the Board would not
deem it advisable to grant permission to erect a sign on this location
and suggested that a separate post be constructed for the sign and
then application be made to the Board for another location on or near
the common.
A letter from Maxims Pinean was received asking the Town to '
construct a drain across Salem Street near Libby Avenue and the
matter was referred to the Superintendent for investigation and report.
Mr. Edward E. Randall came before the Board with reference to the
condition of South Street, and the Board instructed the Superintendent
to put in two or three more loads of gravel in order to improve this
highway.
The petitions of the Municipal Light Department for relocation
of a pole on Woburn Street and the location of two poles and removal
of one pole on Ash Street, near the Boston & Maine Railroad crossing
and the location of two poles on Gardner Road southerly from Ide
Street, were granted by the Board.
A True Record:- ,
Attest:-
Samuel H. Davis
SECRETARY.