HomeMy WebLinkAbout1927-07-15 Board of Public Works Minutes July 15, 1927.
Meeting of the Board of Public Works was held this day at the ,
Town Building at seven-thirty P.M'
There were present:-
Chester J. Wallace
Harry N. Brown
Samuel H. Davis, and the
Superintendent.
In the absence of Mr. Owen, Chairman of the Board, Mr. Harry
N. Brown was elected Chairman of the Board for this meeting, and
thereafter presided at the same.
The Board granted the joint petition of the New England Telephone
& Telegraph Company and the Municipal Light Department to relocate
a pole on Main Street, north of Irving Street.
Mr. Carl Stewart appeared before the Board with reference to
obtaining water to a new house erected by him on Winthrop Road. '
After considering the matter, it was voted that Mr. Steward have
prepared, plans and profiles of Winthrop Road between Tower Road and
Hartshorn Street, in accordance with the Survey Act and the Rules and
Regulations adopted by the Town thereunder, and thereupon the Board
would act upon the applications
The petition of the Municipal Light Board for permission to erect
a pole on Spring Street, northerly from Salem Street, was granted.
Residents from Longwoods Road appeared before the Board seeking
furtherinformationwith reference to the likeihood of obtaining
water in this street, and it was decided to ascertain whether or not
Longwoods Road is a county road, and upon acouiring such information,
residents would be informed of the action taken by the Board. ,
A True Record:-
Attest:-
Samuel H. Davis
SECRETARY.