Loading...
HomeMy WebLinkAbout1926-04-16 Board of Public Works Minutes 1 April 16, 1926. ' Members present: John W Owen, Jos. Booth, Frank Carter, M. C. Higgins and the Superintendent. A petition was forwarded to the County Commissioners asking for an appropriation for the reconstruction of Woburn St. from Lowell to Chute St, and John St. from Village St. to the Town Line. We propose to spend $4,000. and $3, 500. respectively, and asked For appropriations of equal amounts from both the state and county. The secretary was instructed to write the Eastern Massachusetts Street Railway Co. reauesting them to remove the unused sections of track on the following streets: - Prescott St. between Lincoln St. and Summer Ave. , Harnden St. from Reading Square to Salem.St. , The section of track at the corner of Main St, and Haven St. westerly to the side line on Main St. The reouest of Mr. G. W. S. Ids for the use of Highway Department e,uipment was again considered by the Board. The Secretary was instructed to inform Mr. Ida that his request could not be granted. The Secretary was instructed to write a letter to Mrs. Kinsley, expressing the sympathy of the Board in her bereavement. Respectfully submitted, M. C. Higgins Sec. Board of Public Works .